Friday, September 11, 2009

Numbers


684...
people jammed into the Cornerstone box. You would've guessed there were over 1,000 people there by how packed it was. If you think, "A few years ago I thought we were running
800-what has happened?" Historically, we have done a great job of over-estimating numbers. It was as big as any TSC in the gym I can remember. The feeling in there was electric... thunderous clapping and singing, followed by Troy hitting the ball out of the park. He spoke on the history of TSC and God's desire to do more.

590...
people signed up for connection groups going into the night.

650...
signed up for connection groups by the end of the night.

412...
signed up to clean the stadium. Do you think the Hawkeyes coming to town has anything to do with it? We'll need it for the 70,000+ rowdy tailgaters who will be making big messes.

160...
Greeks (not the ethnic group, but those in fraternity/sororities...) that came to the kickoff BBQ.

35...
Greek girls that showed up for a discussion on relationships.

30...
Farm House guys who came to 6 A.M. Bible study. I guarantee that never would've happened in my house. Did those guys grow up on dairy farms getting up that early? Either way, 30 guys from one fraternity getting up to seek God is something special.

1...
guy I talked to that couldn't go on the freshmen group retreat because he has to go back for homecoming. Lame. I wonder what my life would've been like had I not gone on the freshmen group retreat back in the fall of '95. It became my connecting point to the ministry.

2...
socially awkward situations.

400+...
students I hope will join us on our fall retreat October 9-11.

2...
of my kids I brought with me to TSC (Ava and Beck). Beck slept through most of Troy's talk and the entire closing worship set. He asked me as we were mingling at the beginning, "Why do you have to always keep stopping to talk to people?" People are a nuisance in his mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment