Friday, October 16, 2009

Billy the Preacher

This fall has been hard to keep up with.

Last weekend we experienced the power and presence of God on our fall retreat. For some thoughts on our fall retreat, click here.

One phrase we say all the time: "Ministry is Relationships."

The closer we get to people, the more impact we're likely to make.

Therefore, one of the things I'm most excited about this semester is my two small groups. One is with five student leaders, who are doing a great job of discipling their peers. My other is a group of 4 guys- 3 new believers and one who's not yet a follower of Christ.

In this group, one of my guys, Billy, has been asking to share a message that God has put on his heart. I said, "Why not go ahead and preach it to our group."

So we went to the chapel in the browsing library of the Memorial Union, and Billy preached his message to a crowd of 4.

Do you want to know how it went?

Billy preached on forgiveness and hit a home run! Seriously, it was a message that could've been given on a Thursday night at TSC. I was shocked.

That day one of the guys in our group just happened to bring his roommate, who told him later, "Bill's message blew me away and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day."

Please continue to pray for us as these divine appointments with college students is happening all around us.

Well, off to stadium cleanup. Who do I thank for scheduling the late game tonight? (late game=later cleanup...)

1 comment:

  1. I hope our kids choose ISU because I know that Salt/Cornerstone are there. Keep on!

    ReplyDelete