Saturday, October 31, 2009

First Week in New Auditorium

There is so much going on it's hard to keep up with. Here's the short ministry highlight reel...

1. A guy in my small group gave his life to Jesus. He told his roommate, "I didn't get much homework done this afternoon. I've been in on my knees weeping and giving my life to Jesus."

2. We had our first ever TSC in the new auditorium... 600 people felt great in there. It was a good dynamic, as there was clearly more room to grow, and yet it didn't feel empty by any means. It would be an understatement to say that we are incredibly blessed to have TSC in there. I look forward to all the God stories that will happen in that room.
3. One of our students, Courtney, shared her God story through a video. It was a moving reminder of God's amazing grace that finds lost people. It was the perfect way to end John 4.

4. One of the guys in my new believers small group had his first evangelistic encounter. He went into dining service and sat next to the only guy he saw by himself. God gave him a slow pitch. After some small talk, the guy immediately opened up, "Craziest thing- I happened to be in the hospital in your hometown and they asked me if I had any religious beliefs. I was drugged at the time so I'm not sure what I told them."

5. God has been drawing students into the light. One student confessed to me a secret he's had for 5 years! He said it was God's love that has given him the courage to step into the light. Another student, overwhelmed by guilt, confessed his moral failure to me. There are many more similar stories I'm hearing about.

6. Meeting with my small group guys showing them how to prepare a sermon, using various tools: Outlining/Diagramming, Translations, Commentaries, Bible Encyclopedia, Greek-English Interlinear Bible, etc.

7. We had a ribbon cutting for the Ames Chamber of Commerce. It wasn't so much a highlight as it was a good opportunity to get a picture of Mike Despard and Jeff Dodge holding a big ribbon (and Troy Nesbitt about to cut it with a huge pair of scissors).


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a deep small group. How can I get involved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get in touch with you. Can you send me an email with your contact information,

    - Mark
    mark@saltcompany.com

    ReplyDelete